Biosys Instant Microbial Tea
Biosys contains a unique blend of microbes and natural plant growth stimulants. Easy and quick to mix and use, nothing immediately improves the health of your root zone quite like Biosys. Breathe new life into your plants with Biosys — the instant microbial tea from Ecothrive.
Biosys is a concentrated powder that you add to water to make what we call a ‘microbe tea’. It contains some quite complex ingredients that work on a few levels. The microbes in Biosys improve root function, increase nutrient and water availability, help with disease prevention, speed up the breakdown of organic matter and improve plant growth. These organisms include;
- 8 Species of Endo mycorrhizal fungi
- 8 Species of Bacillus
- 2 Species of Nitrogen-fixing bacteria
- 2 Species of Pseudomonas
- 2 Species of Trichoderma
Biosys also contains biological catalysts to allow activation and continued growth of beneficial bacteria and fungi within the root zone – right where you need them. These catalysts that activate and sustain the microbes include humic acids, amino acids, enzymes, proteins, carbohydrates and seaweed extract.
When added to water and applied to the root zone, Biosys comes to life quickly to improve the root environment of your crop. Biosys is ideal for outdoor use on open soil, indoors with potting soil, coco, hydroponic growing media (such as Rockwool) and even in hydroponic systems with little or no growing media.
Biosys is very suitable to (re)populate, stimulate and maintain the biological balance in the root zone. Biosys is ideally applied during propagation of seedlings or cuttings, with subsequent applications every 1-2 weeks indoors, and every 4 weeks outdoors. Biosys has a unique action that quickly populates the rhizosphere with a diversity of natural microorganisms to enable your plants to thrive.
- Biosys contains beneficial bacteria, fungi, enzymes, plant growth stimulants and microbial catalysts all in an easy to use powder!
- Biosys stimulates the rooting of cuttings and promotes both vegetative and generative plant development.
- Maintains a healthy root zone throughout the entire plant cycle.
- Biosys enriches the rhizosphere with a natural balance of micro-organisms to improve plant growth and allow healthy uptake of water and nutrients.
- Helps plants recover quickly from periods of stress.
- Biosys is highly concentrated.
- The microbial catalysts in Biosys are water-soluble.
- No brewing necessary, an advanced instant alternative to aerated compost tea!
- Biosys is very easy to apply – straight away!
Make a concentrate first to ensure powder is dissolved. Example: Add 10g to 500ml of tepid water (~21°C). Stir thoroughly until dissolved. Add this concentrate to the larger volume of water. Once in solution, use within 24 hours.
Preparing Your Water:
Beneficial microbes do not like chlorine in tap water. To remove chlorine you can:
- Allow water to stand for 12-24 hours.
- Bubble with an air pump & air stone for 1-2 hours.
- Use an inline chlorine filter or RO water filter.
- Use rainwater, it's chlorine-free!
- Always stir well until powder is dissolved.
- Avoid adding the powder to a nutrient solution above 1.5 EC.
- Ideal for use with soil and coco as a weekly ‘flush’.
- Biosys can be used with both vegetables and flowers in potting soils/soil-less mixes, and for outdoor cultivation in open ground.
- Do not spray or pour over flowers.
- Re-seal the container after use and store it in a dry location below 25°C.
- Ideal for use alongside Ecothrive Charge.